Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

CARTER OPENS HIS BIG MOUTH AGAIN!

Well Carter is at it again!

Apparently he criticized Sen. Lieberrman support for the Iraq war, on Larry King Live, claiming, "He was one of the originators of public statements that misled the American people into believing that the Iraqi war was justified," adding, "He's joined in with the Republican spokespersons by saying that Democrats who disagree are really supporting terrorism, so for all these reasons, I've lost my confidence in Joe Lieberman and don't wish to see him re-elected." This, out of the mouth of one of the most truly inept Presidents of all time. And, frankly, who cares what Jimmy Carter thinks! I know I don't. This man needs to stick to building houses and stop opening his big mouth. Even though I'm a Republican, I am praying that Lieberman wins. It's disgraceful that the Democratic Party literally abandoned him because of his support for the war in Iraq. He has voted pretty much party line on everything else, over the years, but the Dems fail to acknowledge that. Thankfully, Lieberman has the sensitivity and intelligence to see the bigger picture, when it comes to the Middle East, and it matters not if he is elected as an Independent.

And while we are on the subject of Carter, I have a confession to make. I used to support Habitat For Humanity (Carter's charitable organization). For years, as I received their donation requests, I would send a check. Not much, because regional actors don't make loads of money, but it was usually $20 to $30.00 a pop. When you are making $250.00 a week (at some Theatres), that's a chunk 'o change. But I have always felt it was important to give what you can to charity and so I have always chosen very carefully the organizations I feel are worthy of my few pennies.

Admittedly, Habitat for Humanity does some wonderful things ... building houses, helping people, etc., but I finally reached a point where I felt I could not support an organization with Carter as its figurehead. So I sent them a letter asking to be removed from their list of donors, explaining the reasons why. It took several mailings before I stopped receiving their solicitations altogether, but I haven't received a thing for several years. Whether the decision was right or wrong, it's done, and I know the paltry amounts I sent are probably not missed, but thanks to Carter's verbal antics, they lost one supporter.

No comments: