Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Iranian Woman Beats Up Cleric Who Told Her To Cover Up

Never underestimate a pissed off woman, especially living under an oppressive regime and one who must deal with religious chauvinists on a daily basis.

Iranian cleric Hojatoleslam Ali Beheshti claims he was beaten up by a woman after he told her to cover up. Twice. After the first warning she responded, "you, cover your eyes." When he insisted, along with a few choice words she pushed him.

“I fell on my back on the floor,” Beheshti said in the report. “I don’t know what happened after that, all I could feel was the kicks of this woman who was insulting me and attacking me.”

Who knows what she was wearing to warrant the warning, perhaps her scarf was showing too much hair, or her coat was too tight or colorful or too short, but she decked him so hard he says he wound up in the hospital for three days. Ha. Serves him right.

The Iranian cleric said it was his religious duty to apply the principle of “commanding right and forbidding wrong,” and that he would continue to do so even after living through what he called “the worst day of my life.”

It isn’t the first time that clerics in Iran have been beaten up after delivering warnings, Mehr said.
And who can forget this priceless video of a woman fighting back a 'black ninja".

Source: Bloomberg

No comments: