Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Quran Teacher Receives 15 Year Sentence For Raping 4-year-old Boy

A 24-year-old Bangladeshi man (H.M.) living in UAE who raped a 4-year-old boy while giving him lessons in memorizing the Quran gets 15 years and not the death penalty that the prosecutors sought. He will then be deported. Although he denied it, a Yemeni policeman claims H.M. apologized saying the devil made him do it. Shaitan (devil) is apparently very persuasive.

Records said the incident happened in a villa shared by four families in Al Hamriya.

“I agreed with H.M. to give my son Quran lessons once I learnt that he was teaching our neighbour’s son. He gave our children Quran lessons at the kitchen table after Maghrib prayer except over the weekend. I was in Bur Dubai when my wife told me over the phone that our son had been abused. She claimed that my son told her that the defendant exposed himself and did something bad to him. I rushed home and my son told me the same thing. My four-year-old said H.M. did something bad to him at the beginning of the lesson… then the defendant cleaned himself up and continued the lesson. My son claimed that when he asked the defendant to stop because what he did to him was painful… H.M. asked my son to keep silent. Our neighbour’s son confirmed that he saw the incident and described what happened,” claimed the father.

Records said the father and his brother-in-law lured the defendant to Abu Hail. The defendant tried to run away when he saw the boy’s father. Records said the father and his brother-in-law took H.M. in their car to their residence and called the police.

Meanwhile H.M. repeatedly apologised to the father and asked for forgiveness.

If he is indeed guilty, he's lucky he got only 15 years.

No comments: